Updated October 2021
On 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the existing 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC). MageNet is committed to GDPR compliance across the company, and we have evaluated the new requirements and restrictions imposed by the GDPR as well as have reviewed where and how we collect, use, store and dispose of personal data and updating policies, standards and documentation as necessary.
MageNet gathers information from users who ask to be on our emails/lists. We do not send the newsletters without permission; it’s up to users whether to be on our mailing list. All the private information gathered by MageNet is protected against unauthorized access. MageNet aims to offer their users a lot of advantages of Internet technology. Your personal information will never be sold, traded, or given to other companies or organizations.
1. How We Collect Information
We will collect information from you if you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. It includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. That information may include your name, physical address, email address, Skype id, IP address, phone number, credit card information, location, purchase history, and any other information you provide when using MageNet services or interacting with us in any way. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. It is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We also collect information about your visit to our website or use of our services using cookies or similar technologies.
You can always refuse to provide us with your personal information, i.e., to set your browser not to accept cookies, in this case, you may be asked to re-enter your username and password, and it would be impossible to customize the site’s features according to your preferences.
2. What We Do With The Gathered Data
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To liaise effectively with third party payment providers in respect of the process of any payment made by you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To send you emails, invoices, receipts, and alerting you if we need any information requested by PayPal.
- We may also use your personal data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they or we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- We may occasionally share the aggregated Information with our advertisers and business partners.
- We may use Personally Identifiable Information from your website to communicate with you about your registration and customization preferences and about services and products offered by us and other topics we think you might find of interest.
- It also can be used for other purposes, such as site administration, troubleshooting, processing of e-commerce transactions, and other communications with you. Certain technical support of our site (our Web hosting service for example and our programmers) may access such information.
Your personal information can be only used as it is permitted by law. In a case of the collection of amounts you may owe to us or law enforcement authorities, we may use your information in response to a court order if it is required by law.
As far as MageNet always strives to develop its business, we may sell, buy, merge, partner or joint venture with other companies or businesses. We reserve the right not to provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Please note that we do not collect your sensitive personal information relating to confidential medical facts, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs or sexuality. Non-identifiable data will be enough to provide you with a range of services we offer on this website.
MageNet uses the bare minimum of the non-personally identifiable information to help it administer and improve this website.
3. How We Store And Secure Your Personal Data
We collect personal information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our users.
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. For more information about staying safe while buying and selling online, or reporting an issue with your account please visit our Security Center.
4. Cookies Policy
MageNet takes avail of cookies to distinguish you from other users of our site. It helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our website.
A cookie is a small file we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. It helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for quickly.
5. Do Not Track
Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT (Do Not Track) signals, we don’t respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
6. Users’ Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing, sales, or any other purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Parental consent is required for the processing of personal data of children under age 16.
7. Data Retention Policy. Procedures & Mechanisms of Data Destruction
We will store your usage data until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we initially collected it. We may also maintain information as required by law.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
We may retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such approval is not withdrawn.
Furthermore, we may retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted.
The User can amend, change, and correct the provided personal data anytime in the account Settings.
Deleting user’s personal data is only possible in case of disposal of the MageNet account in the Advanced settings.
Upon your account deactivation, your account data, including all personal data will be deleted immediately with NO option to restore.
8. Limitation of Liability
We reserve the right to make any changes without prior notice. All the facts and information are accurate at the time they were placed on the website and used for information purposes only. The information contained on this website and its pages are not intended to provide specific legal, financial or tax advice, or any other advice, whatsoever, for any individual or company and should not be relied upon in that regard.
Our service is only offered in jurisdictions where it may be legally offered. The information provided on MageNet is not all-inclusive, it is limited to information that is made available to the Internet Company MageNet. This information should not be relied upon as all-inclusive or accurate.
The Internet Company MageNet does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our pages on any server are free of viruses or other harmful components.
We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in our sites regarding their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not us) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
If you have any further questions or concerns about our Policy, please feel free to contact us.